SWFPS Membership Small Works Show 2018
Nov. 30 PM- Dec. 29 – “Cash and Carry”
Norris Community Center Gallery, Naples. 755 8th Ave. South. 239-213-3058
1. Membership - Only current SWFPS members are eligible to enter. Dues must be paid up-to-date.
2. Number – 3 entries per member may be submitted and all will hang if meet guidelines – 72”.
3. Fees - $15 for first painting. $10 additional for one or two more. Max total would be $25. Payment of fees by cash or check made payable to SWFPS. Fees are not refundable.
4. Qualifying artwork – All artwork must have been completed within the last two (2) years. Works must be original – not a copy of another’s artwork, photo or copied from a magazine, digital image or photograph not taken by the artist. Artworks shown in previous SWFPS shows are not permitted. Works created in a workshop or class with any hands-on or extensive advice by the instructor are not permitted.
5. Refusals - SWFPS reserves the right to refuse artworks deemed inappropriate for display, or not prepared according to the SWFPS’ hanging rules.
6. Entry forms - are 3-part forms, which will be available at receiving/registration only.
7. Awards - Show will be judged for awards with cash prizes – 1st $200, 2nd $150, 3rd-$100, 2
Honorable Mention awards @ $50 each.
8. Sales - All artwork must be For Sale. There is a 20% commission taken on all sales, split between SWFPS and the City of Naples.
9. CASH AND CARRY – Artworks, as sold, may be taken by the buyer after payment at the front desk. These sold artworks may be replaced by the artist with another appropriate work, as coordinated with the Small Works’ Chairperson.
10. Pick up - Artworks must be picked up at the designated time or special arrangement made.
11. SWFPS and the host gallery occasionally photograph participants and/or their artwork for use in newsletters and publicity. These become the property of the SWFPS or the host gallery and may be used in promotional materials now and in the future.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR ART WORK: Artwork not properly prepared will be declined.
1. Overall size – including frame – no larger than 72” around outside or 308 sq. in.
2. Carefully framed with clean, and not scratched, glass and secure screw eyes and wires. 3. Wires, when pulled, must not come closer than 3” to the top of the frame – check it!
4. Saw-tooth hangars are Not permitted, nor those cheap hooks on the cardboard backing.